Monday, February 22, 2010

the tyra show

Okay so… since every one and their mother has been asking me about the tyra show (literally… my friend’s moms are asking me), here’s how it all went down. Alison and I took the train up to NYC Tuesday night. Had an awesome time on the train. We sat in the café car and played really obnoxious music haha. Cleared out the car except for the conductors who were hanging out with us the whole time. They told me I look like Abby from NCIS or what ever that show is. So we finally get to the hotel, drop our stuff, get cleaned up and decide to hit up a bar for a wee bit. Yeah…. That was a great idea. Haha I had a liiiitttllleee too much to drink. What evs. The hotel beds were so freaking comfy, I slept great and woke up feeling awesome any way.
So we meet up with Jasmine, the lady thingy from the show, at about 745 am, and walk to the station (its only about a block and a half away). Sadly, they made us turn in our cameras and phones so if any of you were wondering why I didn’t text you excitedly, that would be why. So then we had to go through wardrobe and makeup and all that jazz. I had to put so much make up on, I looked like a death rock drag queen (so kinda like high school haha). E then proceded to hang out for like…. 3 hours. Ugh. The entire time were hanging out doing nothing, im getting grumpier and grumpier because I started thinking about how this is just another example of me doing what makes me happy and being told I need to change it. I mean… I knew all this going in and when I agreed to do it, but still. It wears on you. When every one is looking at your pictures or checking out your shit and laughing or just acting so amazed… I dunno. It wears on you. Al I wanted to do was talk to mom and tyler. It kidna sucked.
So they started the show with Alison who was playing my “normal” friend who is “tired of me always dressing so crazy and tired of the looks we get when we go out” blah blah blah. They start to show some of my crazier pictures to the audience and all I can hear are bad oohs and ahhs and it really pissed me off. I looked at the oother people back stage and was like “it’s just like high school all over again”. So then I came out on stage and talked with tyra for a little bit. She asked me some questions and what not. Then went and sat in this chair with the hair guy (mike) and the maeup guy (sam). They were easily my favorite part of the entire experience. I love them to death. So yeah… they talked a bit on stage about some products that could help and talked a little about what they were going to do to me. It was cute. Tyra took my fake lashes off haha.
I then get rushed back stage where they have about 20 minutes to do my make over haha. Mike is trying to do my hair while sam’s assistant was taking my old makeup off. Jesus it was crazy. so yeah. Gave me a cute outfit. Did some loose curls all betty page style. Cut my bangs (☹) but its okay cause they looks super cute. So then they brought me back on stage. Alison’s jaw dropped and every one in the crowd was cheering and shit. It was kinda cool.
So after all that went down, they drove us to a salon at 6th and Madison. Eiji. It was sooooo cool. That is where Mike works. So he colored my hair and fixed up my bangs a little. We had such a cool time hanging out with him. They let us leave all our stuff (and there was a lot of it) at the salon while Alison and I went and got some dinner. We went to this amaaaazing restaurant called Tao. It was sooo delicious. Then we walked through FAO Shwartz for a bit, then we went back home. We were exhausted by the time we got home. Holy crap.
So that’s what happened. No, I don’t know when its going to air yet, so quit asking me! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment