Thursday, January 28, 2010

city-wide tragedy

so its been a week of complete ups and downs. things with me and chi didnt work out, but im not too upset about that. we just didnt have any chemistry. but a few days after that, my friend tyler (who i have had a crush on for a long time) asked me on a date. so im really giddy about that. he makes me smile even when hes not with me. he makes me forget about phil in the best way. dont know what we're doing yet, but no matter what we will have a good time. we've both hinted at a relationship, which im totally okay with.

then comes the down side to the week. i was informed last night that a friend of mine, J Rivet, passed away. i'm not sure what happened. i dont have that information yet. its a shocking piece of news either way. he was one of the most talented, most real people ive ever met. he never worried about the bullshit in life. he just wanted to have fun and he was always nice to every one. he was one of the most intelligent people in this fucking city. this really is a great loss. part of me wants to look at this with a completely platonic, socratic mind. i keep telling myself he has ascended into the greater, ideal mind, which is where he probably belongs as he was always very philosopihcal. he is with in all of us now. the other part of me cant stop crying. its difficult to lose any one. at the end of the day, all we can do is remember fondly th times we shared. i just regret that i did not have more time with him before he left. between me going off the grid, and him moving to maryland, i hadnt seen him in well over a year. i regret this with all my heart now. every time i saw him, he made me feel wanted. he did this with every one. he was an amazing human being, and philadelphia is suffering today.

we love you. we miss you. we will always remember you
R.I.P. J Rivet

::signing off::

No comments:

Post a Comment